11.08.2010

Because my writing group said so.

A year ago today, I ran my second marathon.  That was because my friend George said so, just as he had said the same for my first one a year prior.  Though many muscles and joints would recap otherwise, I have pictures that tell me this was a happy experience.

I also like writing a lot and at least once a month I am fortunate enough to spend time with my dear friends who are also writers.  Those of you who perhaps have this kind of jewel in your life know how invaluably authentic a process it can be to be creative around people who not only motivate you, but are contagiously imaginative.  

After many months of urging, they have convinced me to put more of my writing "out there".  I'm not overly impressionable, but since a long-term goal (read: dream) of mine is to have my own column, combined with the fact that one must actually practice things to get better at them, they might just be onto something.  



1 comment: